Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cake Recipes: Cassava Cake


Jakarta - Aha! Finally, gluten free!
After a long harbored a wish to make a gluten-free cake, finally achieved my goal too! Why should it be gluten free? No need, but for some people; MUST. A friend who has a autistic child would not want to have to find foods that are gluten free, because a person with autism is not allowed to eat foods that contain gluten. Flour is a food that contains gluten. What is meant by replacing the wheat was safe for children with autism? Unfortunately not. They also have to be careful of sugar, and some of them also suffered from allergies to other foods such as eggs.
What about the children who do not suffer from autism? According to Mr. Wied Harry, an expert in nutrition who is on tv that are pretty, are not digested gluten can disrupt the body's immune children. So you should not be too often consume foods that contain gluten main barium. So if I'm not mistaken. If wrong please repaired, yes.

Anyway, from the first I actually like the same cassava cakes sold Mamahku neighbors near the house. The cake I did not know his name, shaped like a small cake, shaped like a round pie, with light yellow color and he said from cassava. Hmm .. Mamah Usually when I'm ordering the cake is a celebration. If not there is an event? Yes, not ordered. So once a certain order amount is not small. So maybe I did not order a cake it was just 2-3 pieces.

Mamah actually have a recipe book with no pictures there singkongnya cake recipe, but another name, whatever, I forgot. The cake is apparently similar to what I mean cake. Why, he said, without pictures, really know that the cake is meant? You see on the cover of the recipe book there are photographs of small cakes that are similar to those of the cassava cake. But I never dared to make.

Sometimes God likes to force also yes, ha ha ha! Looks like he knows what mauku, but he knew also I like lazy, then it seems Kompas newspaper last Sunday somewhat 'forced' to actually try to make it. The cake recipe 'reappear' in newspaper pages with the name Lapis Cassava Cake. Cake is layered with three colors. Colored with synthetic dyes, of course.
I'm already committed to eliminate as much as possible of synthetic dyes in foods that I make. So, was published the idea of ​​natural dyes: Suji.

Unfortunately, I did not carefully read the recipe. In the list of required materials not listed the grated coconut. I just want to make it, I realized that in the description how to make a written "mix the grated coconut ..". Ha? Ouch ... gini hell why not complete, list of ingredients? As a result, the event was postponed a day to make a cake for buying the grated coconut. Understandably, the time available to make the cake very short: only limited time napping children. Once they wake up, then ended the show cook-cook it: D

Finally the next day so I also make this cake. Coconut dose parutnya only thought about myself. Another dose of any so I made a cup size. The result is fragrant smell fragrant pandan leaves and bright green color. The top was also kutaburi toasted almonds. Was hell, the wish sprinkled with toasted walnuts (walnuts on the cake reminded me of the cake recipes in the past) but since kenarinya have not had time to bake, so improvise aja deh. Unfortunately, this cake a bit damp underneath. Actually not one of the recipes. I guess because I was not dry enough to squeeze singkongnya. Lha wong I just kept squeezing disposable hand drained in peniris aja kok. Lazy indeed. Next time, use a napkin to squeeze singkongnya deh till rain in almost-almost!

So, ladies and gentlemen, there are two lessons to be seen in that I made a mistake this time. So learn from my mistake and DO NOT DO IT! What you have to do is:
1. READ BEFORE YOU THOUROUGHLY A Recipe Decide TO MAKE IT. Especially on the source of recipes that do not specialize in the field of cooking.
2. DRY HARD til SQUEEEEZE. Singkongnya do not just drained yes ... : P

Well, after menguingat fault-hiks-remember-let's look at the recipe. Good luck!

New Cake removed from the steamer


Cassava Cake
Material:
1 / 2 kg of cassava, grated finely
4 eggs
1 / 2 cup grated coconut
100 gr margarine, melted
3 / 4 cup granulated sugar
1 / 2 teaspoon salt
2 pandan leaves LBR
4 bay leaves suji
1 / 4 cup water
Handheld 2-3 almonds or toasted walnuts, roughly crush

Method:
- Blender soft pandan leaves, leaves and water suji
- Strain the leaves that have been blended and mix in the water to the grated cassava and mix well.
- Squeeze the grated cassava until the rain
- Combine coconut and salt in cassava and mix well
- Prepare a steamer / steam on the stove over high heat
- Rub bottom of the pan 20x20x5cm with a little margarine, then dg lined baking sheet or heat resistant plastic.
- Beat eggs at high speed and high sugar until fluffy, white and thick. Turn off the mixer.
- Enter the cassava into the egg mixture slowly, stirring, turning with a spatula until blended.
- Enter the liquid margarine a little while diadukbalik until blended.
- Pour into baking pan, smooth. Sprinkle with almonds / walnuts toasted.
- Steamed cake 30 minutes, then prick tests. When less ripe can be added pengukusannya time.
- Remove and let cool. Cut into pieces.

1 comment:

  1. excuse me, I believe this is my posting on my blog. I wrote this. Could u explain why u posted it here without giving information about where did u get it? At least u can put the source info here. thanks.

    ReplyDelete